Through the 1 Million Project (1MP), Lebanon School District is partnering with the 1 Million Project Foundation to help close the homework gap by providing free devices (mobile hotspots) and wireless service to eligible low-income high school students who do not have home internet access. Eligible students will have use of the device and Internet service for the time they are enrolled in high school, up to four years. Each year, devices will be distributed to eligible students who will keep them until they graduate from high school.
Students will be receiving the following:
- 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data (If usage exceeds 10 GB in a month, unlimited data is available at 2G speeds for the remainder of the month.)
- Lebanon, The 1 Million Project, and Sprint cannot guarantee the strength of the cellular signal to your home
- Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA) compliant content filter with every device
- Wireless service for up to four years while still in a participating high school
- 10 GB per month of free high-speed LTE data while on the Sprint Network Unlimited data is available at 2G speeds
This program is designed to provide students with Internet access through a high-speed hotspot to assist them in completing homework, provide an opportunity for students to complete research papers, class assignments, and special school projects. When teamed with the students assigned iPad, students have powerful tools in hand to complete class assignments.
Links and Downloads
Parent Letter from the Executive Director of the 1 Million Project.
More information coming soon!