Northwest Elementary School H.O.P.E. - Help One Person Every Day
Welcome to Northwest Elementary School!
As we embark on another school year we welcome back returning families, as well as those families new to the area! Our entire staff looks forward to working with you and your children throughout the upcoming school year!
Northwest Elementary School is a community that values all students, families, community members, and faculty. Teamwork is an important part of everyday life here at our school. We will continue to work together to set a tone of high expectations, clear communication, and genuine caring so that all students can experience academic success and social growth this year.
The Northwest Elementary Building!
Northwest Elementary School is located at 1315 Old Forge Road. We relocated at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year with a 92,912-square-foot school featuring a three-tiered Cafetorium, regulation size gymnasium, a courtyard with an educational pond, and STEM focused learning environment.
It is the largest of the five elementary schools in the district. Our building consists of four K-4 classrooms (full day), four K-5 classrooms (full day), four 1stgrade classrooms, four 2nd grade classrooms, four 3rd grade classrooms, four 4th grade classrooms, four 5th grade classrooms, four ELD teachers, four learning support teachers, two Literacy Coaches, one STEM Coach, one gifted teacher, one physical education teacher, two art teachers, three music teachers, one librarian and one school counselor and two autistic support classrooms. Currently, about 700 students are enrolled at Northwest. Teachers continually strive to create rigorous and meaningful learning experiences for each student.
Northwest’s Principles in Action
- We believe that student learning is our ultimate responsibility. Our staff is dedicated to ongoing professional learning. High expectations should never be compromised for our students or ourselves.
- We believe we need to create a safe predictable caring environment for our students and staff so everyone is willing to take risks.
Along with the rest of the Lebanon School District, student achievement is our goal. Our number one indicator is for all of our students to have the necessary experiences to develop the knowledge and skills for their chosen career path.
We will get there by fostering relationships with our students to the degree that we can customize our learning environment to support their strengths, needs, and interests.
To achieve this end, we will:
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy school environment that promotes social and emotional wellness.
- Utilize an aligned curriculum to ensure students experience relevant and meaning in mastering the PA Core Standards.
- Research, implement, and refine best teaching practices to personalize and accelerate learning.
- Analyze data to monitor our progress and adjust our strategies to ensure all of our students make a minimum of one year’s growth annually.
- Use our resources efficiently and effectively towards achieving our goal.
**For additional information about Northwest Elementary, please click on our Information tab!**
Stay up-to-date with Northwest Elementary activities and events by following us on Social Media: